Apple release regular updates for MacOS and it is important to ensure the Mac you use is up to date to ensure your device is secure, and can continue to run the latest version of the Apps that you use.
Please note, updating your device will require a restart and may take up to an hour, so save your work, make sure your device is charging and plan accordingly.
You can check for updates by following these steps:
1. Click the Apple Icon in the top left hand corner of the screen and select System Settings:
2. Select General and then Software Update:
3. If your device requires an update you can click Update Now:
4. Click Agree on the Software Licence Agreement:
5. You will be asked to re-enter your password. This is the password that you used to logon to this Mac.
Once entered click OK
6. The device will then download the latest update. This may take some time, you can continue using the device, but beware it may reboot with little notice.
7. The device will then install the update. This may take some time, make sure you do not turn off the device whilst the update is installing.
You are now running the latest version of MacOS.