In response to the growing security concerns across the world, the Be Safe programme is running a number of projects to improve cyber security across the University. As part of one of these, the Identity and Access Management (IDAM) project, we are disabling all redundant accounts in University IT systems and ensuring retention periods are adhered to.
What do I need to do?
We are contacting everyone who owns a project or shared account. If you own one of these accounts you will receive an email from the Identity and Access Management Project Team asking you to:
- Change the password on the project or shared account. Please make sure you change your password as soon as possible.
- Fill in a Microsoft Form asking for more details about the account. Please note, when you visit the form, if you aren’t already logged in to Office 365, you will be asked to do so. You can log in before visiting the survey by going to office365.leeds.ac.uk.
How do I change the password or a project or shared account?
- Go to https://changemypassword.leeds.ac.uk
- Enter the shared/project username followed by @leeds.ac.uk
- In the Old password field, enter your current password
- In the New password field, enter your new password
- In the Confirm new password field, re-enter your new password
- Click Submit to change your password
If you cannot remember the current password for the account, please log a request with the IT Service Desk (using the 'Request something' link on the IT homepage).