This article brings together a collection of the various Knowledge Base (KB) articles and resources about the LASER Service, to assist and guide the user.
Relevant KB article numbers are listed; hyperlinks have not been inserted in the text as these can change. All the articles mentioned are included in the related articles list. Alternatively, you can search for the relevant KB article number.
The new LASER service (previously known as IRC - Integrated Research Campus) has been developed as part of our Microsoft Azure SaaS platform, to support the various research activities undertaken by the LIDA Research community.
LASER is an acronym for Leeds Analytics Secure Environment for Research.
Knowledge Articles supporting the Service
LIDA / DAT (Data Analytics Team) documentation and guides:
IT KB articles can be viewed via the IT Self Service portal at it.leeds.ac.uk (this site):
Additional resources can be searched by using the word LASER.
- KB0014778 : LASER : Leeds Analytics Secure Environment for Research (Service Catalogue)
- KB0014780 : LASER Service - LASER Service: Introduction to the Azure LASER Service Offering. This KB article describes the new LASER service.
- KB0014792 : LASER Service - Submitting Requests for the LASER. KB article on submitting LASER type requests to IT Services.
- KB0015044 : LASER Service : Azure Compute VM Models and Storage Options. This KB article describes the various VM models available to the research group.
- KB0015224 : LASER Service - Azure Backup Services for LASER
- KB0015340 : LASER Service - How to Use the Microsoft's Azure Pricing Calculator
- KB0015362 : LASER Service - VRE Project Archive Service
- KB0015396 : LASER Service - Microsoft's Azure Pricing Calculator
- KB0015383 : Introduction to LASER (high level description)
- KB0014800 : LASER Software
- KB0015430 : LASER Service - Service Definition and Support (SDD Document)
- KB0015489 - LASER Service: Knowledge Base Articles Hub (this kb article)