This article explains how to view captions in Mediasite once they have been enabled.
To view captions in Mediasite content, you will need to click the 'Subtitles (C)' button next to the full screen button on the Mediasite player (shown below).
When using captions on recordings, please remember
- These captions have been produced automatically, by a machine. They may not have been checked by your lecturer before being published.
- Captions will vary in quality. The quality of the captions produced depends on the ability of the machine to understand the voice, and the quality of the audio available.
- Do not use captions as a sole source of truth. You should check the statements in the captions against other sources, such as the lecture materials (e.g. slides, notes etc.), and using validated sources.
- You will get a sense of the quality of the captions when reading them – if you notice that the text doesn’t make sense, or contains lots of obvious errors, then you need to be cautious about the accuracy of the text.
- If you are unsure about the accuracy of the captions, you should contact your lecturer or module leader directly to make them aware of this.