Any MyPrint credits issued by the University will go in the "Free" purse, whereas any MyPrint credits you buy will go in the "Purchased" purse. You can see your balances at the website myprint.leeds.ac.uk.
Undergraduates and Taught Postgraduates start with a balance of £0.60 on the Free purse.
- Once you have used this you will need to purchase printing credits at the website myprint.leeds.ac.uk - credits you buy will be added to the Purchased purse on the MyPrint website.
- The system will use any Free credits you have before it uses your Purchased credits.
Postgraduate researchers start with a balance of £200 on the Free purse.
- Each summer the balance will be topped back up to £200.
- If you need more credits before the summer top-up please submit a request to the IT Service Desk.
Members of staff start with a balance of £0 on the Free purse and the balance becomes more negative when you print, copy & scan.
If you log in at a printer and receive an "Insufficient Balance" error and you're a taught student or a postgraduate researcher please check your balance at the website myprint.leeds.ac.uk. If you have credits, or you're a member of staff then the "Insufficient Balance" message usually means you're logged in at two printers, or you were using the printer for longer than an hour:
- You can be logged in to two printers at the same time, but the system won't let you access your balance from both printers.
- Make sure you press the Access button to log out of the printer when you have finished printing, copying or scanning.
- Don't stay logged into a printer for longer than 60 minutes. If you need to use the printer for a long time please log out periodically and log back in.
- The "Insufficient Balance" error will automatically resolve after 20 minutes of not using the printers.