Computers with a wired connection to the university network can be set up with the "Staff on LeedsPrint" MyPrint queue.
If your device is not on the wired network you can request for it to be put on. The form for this can be found here. Resister device on wired network
In this article:
For Unix/Linux machines and for Mac computers without Managed Software Centre or admin rights please login to the IT website and submit a General Request to set up MyPrint on your device.
If your computer doesn't have a wired network connection you can upload or email your documents to MyPrint.
If you're a member of staff coming to campus, with a laptop that was issued during the pandemic, you may be unable to connect to "Staff on LeedsPrint" for MyPrint - the laptop will need to be registered to use the university's wired network.
When you receive your new Windows 11 device, you will need to install a software (MyPrint or Staff Printer) to use the printers from the Company Portal.
1. Connect to the University's VPN and remain connected throughout the process
If you do not have Pulse VPN installed on your Windows 11 device, please download this software from the Company Portal by following these instructions.
2. Open the Company Portal: From your 'Start' or 'Search' menus, type and select ‘Company Portal’ to open the Company Portal application.
3. Search for 'MyPrint' or 'Staff Printer' software you wish to download: Select ‘Apps’ on the left-hand side menu or use the search bar to find 'MyPrint' or 'Staff Printer' software you wish to download.
4. Select the desired software and install: Select the chosen software from your search. Next, click on ‘Install’ to initiate the download. The example below shows 'Staff Printer' as the chosen software.
5. Wait for the download to complete: A notification pop-up will appear on the bottom-right corner of the screen informing that the installation has started. A command prompt window will also appear - please do not close this window as this is the running script that will install the printer in your computer. Once the installation is complete, the window will close, and another notification will appear confirming the installation.
6. Find the software in your Start and Search menus: Search for 'Printers & scanners' and find the printer you have installed or attempt to print a test page.
(Note if staff print does not show in company portal, log a request to service desk for a remote session to get this resolved)
1. Copy the text on the next line into your clipboard (ctrl c)
2. Click on the Search icon button in the bottom left corner of your screen (Windows 10) or bottom centre of your screen (Windows 11)
3. Paste the text in the search box (ctrl v)
4. Press the return (enter) key on your keyboard
5. The print queue will be set up on your computer and a window will open showing the print queue.
6. Click on the Printer menu and choose "Set As Default Printer"
Please note: it is normal to see documents in the queue with a status of "Paused" - documents are held like this until the owner visits a MyPrint printer and asks for them to be printed.
If it also asks for an admin password you will either need to book a visit to the service desk or log a request for a remote session.
If you have the "Managed Software Centre" on your Mac you can install the "MyPrint for Mac" package.
If you have Administrator rights on your Mac you can attempt to set up the MyPrint queue yourself: