Installation, running, support, backup and performance management of major database software.
These databases may support a number of small web sites, or the University SAP system. Hosted databases are offered for two database platforms (MS-SQL and MySQL). Oracle and Postgress databases are currently supported for Enterprise Applications, and currently no hosted service is offered.
Service features include;
TE7.1 - Hosted database capability for;
- Microsoft SQL server databases
- MYSQL databases. High-availability clustered MySQL database instance on storage mirrored between University data centres.
TE7.2 - Database Administrations for;
- Enterprise Microsoft SQL server databases
- Enterprise Oracle databases
- MySQL database
- Postgress databases
TE7.3 - For all platforms;
- Software installation
- Database creation
- Database monitoring, security management and backup
TE7.4 - For Databases running Enterprise or other supported applications
- Applying application level database changes as required (eg schema changes, data imports etc)
- Users: Available to University of Leeds staff, primarily via University enterprise programmes and IT projects
- Service expected to be available 24/7/365 (excluding planned down time)
- If we raise an incident for you when something isn’t working, we will commit to offering a resolution to that incident within 9 working days of it being raised.
- If we raise a standard request for you when you need something new or changing, we will commit to completing that request within 20 working days of it being raised. A standard request is something for which we have an agreed documented offering and process to deliver.