Desktop Anywhere has been updated for the 2017-2018 Academic year to include the same versions of software which are available in the IT clusters.
Some key things you can access are:
- Some of the most frequently used applications
- Home directory (M: drive) and departmental shared areas (i.e. N: drive)
- On-campus services i.e intranets & Library services
- Cluster printing
- File copy between local drives and home directories/departmental shared areas.
- Corporate Apps such as SAP and Banner
Applications don't need to be installed on your machine as they are hosted on our servers where you can take advantage of our computing power and secured storage.
Please note: Due to licensing restrictions, not all applications from the IT clusters can be available on Desktop Anywhere.
SAP, Banner and Raisers Edge are provided as separate links within the Citrix Receiver.
When the icons are clicked the applications will appear as separate windows and will not run within the Desktop Anywhere desktop.
Access to these applications is restricted to authorised users of each system. If you believe you should have access, but the icon does not appear please contact the IT Service Desk.