From the 2016 - 2017 academic session, scheduled lecture capture recordings will be automatically published to Minerva 72 hours from the recording being processed.
Auto-publishing is applied to each scheduled recording as an 'action' that will change the visibility of the recording from private to viewable. This will make the content visible to students and staff enrolled on all the modules that are attached to the recording.
The author can manually publish the recording to Minerva within 72 hours as normal.
The author can also edit the action to publish at a later date or remove the action from a recording.
More information and FAQ's about auto-publishing:
- Which recordings are auto-published? Auto-publishing is only applied by default to scheduled recordings. Ad-hoc, desktop, mobile recordings and media uploads will not be auto-published by default.
- What about merged modules? As in previous years, merged modules will need to be manually attached to the recording. Scheduled recordings will be made viewable only to the module(s) applied in the timetable.
- Can I publish my recordings before 72 hours? Yes, you can publish the recording to Minerva within 72 hours as normal.
- Can I publish my recording after 72 hours? Yes, you can but you would need to remove or edit the auto-publishing action.
- If I remove auto-publishing can I decide to publish a recording at a later date? Yes, you can add a new action to publish at a later date automatically or publish the recording to Minerva as normal manually.
- Can I add my own action? Yes, please see our web page on creating and editing the actions.
- Can I edit the action? Yes, please see our web page on creating and editing the actions.
- Can I stop my recording from being auto-published? Yes, please see our web page explaining how an action can be removed.
- Can I stop all my recordings being auto-published? Only scheduled recordings are auto-published by default but this is applied to all scheduled recordings. Each scheduled recording would need the auto-publish action removed.
- Can I edit a recording after it has been published to Minerva? Yes, you can edit a recording as many times as you like after publishing.
- Can I remove a recording after it has been published to Minerva? Yes, you can make a recording private at any time after it has been published to Minerva by changing the visibility on the recording in My Mediasite from viewable to back to private.
- Where can I get more information on the University policy on auto-publishing? Auto-publishing is part of the University Policy on Audio or Video Recording for Educational Purposes (updated July 2016).