We offer free IT training for research staff and postgraduates, including Microsoft Office and specialist courses such as parallel programming, NVivo and SPSS courses.
All our Office courses use Office 2010.
Classroom-based courses are free*. You'll only be charged if you don't attend a course without giving two working days notice. You'll need to provide a departmental account number on your booking form. It will only be used if you don't attend. Please contact your department for more information about account numbers.
You can access the course materials from the Minerva:
- Login to Minerva with your University username and password
- In the modules select "Everything" from the Showing drop down list
- Choose the module called researcher@leeds
- Click the name of the application you are interested in from the menu on the left
- Click course materials to see the available resources.
*For courses in ArcGIS and MapInfo Professional see the University online store. Courses cost £45 for postgrads and £90 for academics.
http://library.leeds.ac.uk/skills provides webinars and face-to-face workshops. These include EndNote and RSS and publication alerts for research.