The Microsoft Imagine Academy is the official Microsoft e-learning site. It has training videos and simulations on a wide range of Microsoft products. All staff and students at the University can access the e-learning using an enrollment code and their Office 365 login credentials (email@example.com).
Getting the Enrollment Code
To access the Microsoft Imagine Academy you will need an enrollment code. You can get the code by logging a self-service request, or by using the booking system.
Logging a Self-Service request
This method is automated and typically takes around 15 mins.
- Log into leeds.service-now.com with your firstname.lastname@example.org and go to Request Catalogue on the left hand side
- Click Access to Microsoft Imagine Academy and follow the instructions
- You will receive an email with directions and the code for accessing the Microsoft Imagine Academy.
Using the course booking system
The course booking system is managed by staff and could take around 3 working days to process.
- Go to the booking system and click Add To Cart
- Go to View Cart then Book Course
- Fill in your details and click Submit Booking
- Once we have processed your request youll receive an email with directions and the enrollment code.
Using the Microsoft Imagine Academy for the First Time
- Go to onlinelearning.microsoft.com and click Sign In
- Select Work or school account
- Sign in with your email@example.com
- When you get the message which says "You're almost there!" click Cancel
- Click on your user name at the top right of the screen and then click Redeem enrollment code
- Enter the enrollment code provided and your email address as firstname.lastname@example.org and click Submit
- Complete information about your profile (you do not need to create a unique ID), and click Save
- Click My Courses to view Office 2013 e-learning modules, or select Catalog or the Search field to find courses on other products.
Searching for Courses
Once you have enrolled onto the Microsoft Imagine Academy you have access to all the e-learning modules. To add further modules to your My Courses folder you can enter a search term or browse the courses by product
- Click the search box at the top of the page and enter a search term for the product you are interested in
- Alternatively, click Catalog to the left of the search box and choose a product to browse the various modules
- Locate the required module and click Add.
You can click the drop-down boxes in the Narrow by column on the left hand side to filter by Language or Product Version.
Unable to log in
Both Service Now and Microsoft Imagine Academy require you to use your username followed by @leeds.ac.uk to log in. For example, email@example.com (not firstname.lastname@example.org).
You should use your normal University password.
Please check you are using the right details and that you are able to log onto other University systems with your username and password before reporting your issue.
Unable to enter Enrollment code
Try returning to Step 5. The most common issue occurs when people try and enter the enrollment code in the wrong place.
Not received Enrollment code email
When logging a request for an enrollment code through Service Now you should receive three emails in total:
- Your request has been created
- Your Microsoft Imagine Academy Code and Instructions
- Your request has been fulfilled
Occasionally these email can be received out of sequence or can be filtered into other folders. Please check your email subfolders, refresh your email and wait an hour in case there has been some delay before reporting this issue.
If you are still having problems accessing the Microsoft Imagine Academy then please contact email@example.com.