Making phone calls over the network (students)

Find out more about the type of phone calls you can make over the network in the Halls of Residence.

Commercially available phone services

You should be able to use most commercially available VoIP (Voice over IP) services on the residence network.

The IT Help Desk can offer advice on VoIP service but we cannot support them as they are provided by third parties.

Dedicated phone services

There are dedicated phone services at the following residences:

  • Storm Jameson - Phone in each room
  • Dobree - Phone in each kitchen flat
  • Whetton - Phone in each kitchen flat
  • St. Marks Residence - Phone in each room

You can make free room to room and room to campus calls on these phones.
You can receive calls - this will be charged to the caller.
You need to set up an account to make outgoing calls.

The service is provided by a company called StudentCom.