If you want to connect to the VPN and you are using Windows there are different methods recommended depending on your Windows version. Please follow the appropriate guidance below:
If you are using Windows 10, then please go to the Windows 10 Store via the icon that is likely on the bottom of your PC screen.
opened, please search for 'Pulse' and then install it, then go to the
PC Settings > Networks > VPN > Add a VPN Connection and use the
drop down menu to choose Pulse Secure.
Add vpn.leeds.ac.uk as the server address and then log in.
Alternatively, for Windows 7, please use the installer file on the right of this page to install the VPN client. (You will need to unzip the files)
Windows 8 is supported by the built-in Junos Pulse client. Instructions for Windows 8 can be found on the link to the right.
Generic guidance for all Windows VPN connections:
- Create a new connection
- Put in a name that will identify the VPN connection to you
- Put in a URL of https://vpn.leeds.ac.uk/
- Put in your username (if you wish)
- Leave the certificate as None
- Leave the Realm as Optional
- Leave the Role as Optional
- Click connect, you will be prompted for your University username/password
You are now on the University VPN network.